Adsense2

Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Reading Lists

This is the first of three posts intended to outline the books I am currently reading, the works I have read in the past, and the books on my future reading list.

Enjoy!

CURRENTLY READING:

Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
The World Is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman
I Run Therefore I Am - NUTS by Bob Schwartz
The Mabinogion - traditional
The Intimate Machine by Neil Frude

Oceanfront 41774_5

ALWAYS READING:*

Tao Te Ching (5 different translations)
The Dhammapada
The Bhagavad Gita
The Upanishads
The Sixteen Points by Ac. Shraddhananda Avt.
Language In Thought and Action by S.I. Hayakawa (3rd reading)
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Selected Letters of Jack Kerouac edited by Ann Charters
The Works of Rabindranth Tagore (poems and short stories)
A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn

COMING ATTRACTIONS!

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Rudin On The Eve by Ivan Turgenev
Billy Budd and Other Stories by Herman Melville

RECENTLY FINISHED READING

A Plague Upon Humanity by Daniel Barenblatt
Memoirs of a Service Afloat by Admiral Raphael Semmes
Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
The Comedians by Graham Greene (3rd reading)
Life Is a Series of Presentations by Tony Jeary
The Bomb in the Basement by Michael Karpin
Visions of Cody by Jack Kerouac
The Joyous Cosmology by Alan Watts (2nd reading)
The Way of Zen by Alan Watts (2nd reading)
Das Glasperlenspiel (The Glass Bead Game or Magister Ludi) by Hermann Hesse (4th reading)*
The Annotated Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (at least my 10th reading of The Hobbit)*
The Great War For Civilisation by Robert Fisk

* These books remain a part of my lifelong reference materials

No comments: